7/12/2014

Music

Hey, it's Emma, again.

Ha ha, I can''t believe I'm actually broadcasting my thoughts to half the world... if anyone's bothering to read this. I feel slight pity for all of those famous people. I mean, your life being constantly tracked? Nah, I'll pass. Although, this isn't that better, is it?

Anyway, music. Oh glorious music. I think that the most unfortunate people are those who don't know how to enjoy music. Be it classical, retro, pop, rock, R&B, jazz, metal... Music is a vent we all need. I'm sure most of us have written a song at least once in our lives(although, I was forced by my Literature Teacher. Bleh. Never again!) But I'm not going to talk 'bout music in scientific sense: I've had enough of it for now. I'm on holiday, for God's sake! No, I'm gonna write about the influence the lyrics have on us.

I'm witness to a growing trend of singers making absolutely cool and upbeat melody, while the words hold little to no meaning. Don't you sometimes feel sick all of the songs talking about love? I can bet every third song is about romantic love in all variations: Justin Bieber, Miley Cyrus, Rihanna, One Direction to some extent(they've gotten better)... Despite the fact that people tend to scoff and jeer at hard rock, metal and similar genres, fact remains that they often portray real life emotions better. Currently, my absolute favorites are Boulevard of Broken Dream and Welcome to My Life by Green Day and Simple Plan respectively. It surely reflect my mood right now(it's awfully rainy - it totally kills your mood) and they paint quite accurately how we tend to feel sometimes, whether we would like to admit or not.

My other favorites(currently anyway - my Top 5 list changes practically every other day or so), are Counting Stars by OneRepublic and Shatter Me, joint work of Lzzy Hale and Lindsey Stirling. Almost total opposites, right? I try not to narrow myself down to just one genre or artist: the more the merrier, right? Besides, constant changes does wonders for your imagination and memory: isn't it easier to practice your short-term memory by remembering lyrics of your favorite songs then by remembering some ridiculously complicated  chart or something similar?

There's only one downside to this practice: once stuck in your head, said song(s) can replay in your head at the most unfortunate of times; like in the middle of super-difficult Latin exam(I know the feeling from the personal experience!)

No comments:

Post a Comment